About this course
This course will enable you to gain the intermediate skills in Site Carpentry. The course is specifically targeted for learners with some experience in this trade.
You will follow a programme of study that will give you the opportunity to apply learning in a practical and realistic way and gain confidence by developing independent learning skills.
The Enhanced pathway is available only to learners meeting certain requirements, you must be under the age of 24 years at the start of this course to be able to take the course. For those interested in the Site Carpentry Level 2 course but above 24 years of age, there is an alternative Carpentry Full Time Level 2 course available in City Centre, for this course please see this course code WTCC2F07/WTCR2F07.
What you will study
You will undertake a mandatory work experience that enhances this program by allowing you the opportunity to engage in real live projects and gain experiences from a real site environment.
Site Carpentry technical certificate at Level 2.
Key components of this course are planning and organising of work, development of your knowledge of building methods and construction technology. You will carry out first and second fixing operations, erect structural carcassing and set up and operate a power tools.
Course fee per year
Registration Fee Payable on Enrolment: £30.00
Interview. 4 GCSEs Grade A* - F or Assessment grade minimum E3 from Skill Scan assessment.
- The College welcomes contact with parents/guardians of students who are under 18
- Additional support is available for students with learning difficulties and disabilities
- Cardiff and Vale College is committed to inclusion and values diversity. We are determined to promote equality of opportunity and to treat everyone fairly and with respect
- Cardiff and Vale College reserves the right to make changes to this course without prior notice
- All courses are accurate at the time of upload or print
- Courses can only run if there are sufficient numbers
- Please note, if you choose three or more course choices, then you may be referred for a careers appointment first. This does not apply to A Level or GCSE choices.
As soon as I knew there was a link to come here I was excited, and the school link programme provided me with an opportunity to see what it would be like to study here. The College gives you a lot of information on why you need to get your NVQ, and get an apprenticeship to get into full-time employment.
Need to know