About this course
This course offers a full time course located at Cardiff University. The students, known as Interns, will complete three 10 week internships as Cardiff University staff at different departments working in varying roles. Employability skills will be completed during training room sessions at the start and the end of each day. The course is 5 days a week 9am – 4pm. This course is run in partnership with Engage to Change project partners Learning Disability Wales, Cardiff University, Elite Supported Employment and DFN Project SEARCH.
What you will study
This course is a mixture of staff development, training, job coaching and job searching as the Interns work in their chosen job roles.
Teaching and assessment
- Continuous assessments including work based assessments
Course fee per year
Registration Fee Payable on Enrolment: £30.00
You must be able to travel to College or work towards becoming indpendent , work independently, or have successfully completed Work and Life skills and have the long-term aim of working either with support or independently. You will need to attend an informal interview, undertake a project based assessment and be working at improving Communications and Application of Number in a workplace.
- The College welcomes contact with parents/guardians of students who are under 18
- Additional support is available for students with learning difficulties and disabilities
- Cardiff and Vale College is committed to inclusion and values diversity. We are determined to promote equality of opportunity and to treat everyone fairly and with respect
- Cardiff and Vale College reserves the right to make changes to this course without prior notice
- All courses are accurate at the time of upload or print
- Courses can only run if there are sufficient numbers
- Please note, if you choose three or more course choices, then you may be referred for a careers appointment first. This does not apply to A Level or GCSE choices.
Time of day
Need to know