About this course
This course focuses on the development of professional artistic skills. Led by a practicing artist, you will learn and develop a multitude of techniques in order to widen your artist skillset. Each session’s workshop builds on the previous, resulting in the development of a final Portfolio. As you develop your skills in class, you will also be tasked with keeping and facilitating a personal journal/sketchbook in order to develop & Document your day-to-day artistic practice and thoughts. This will feed into our final workshops focusing on the development of your own individual artistic identity.
What you will study
On this course you will study:
Introduction to formal elements
- Development of Drawing & Illustration Skills
- Introduction to using Mixed media techniques & different drawing surfaces
- Introduction to a professional week-to-week practice.
Course fee per year
Studio Fees: £65.00
Course Fee: £30.00
Must be 18 years of age or above. Portfolio of work will be required on interview. Materials Required: 1 x A5 Sketchbook for personal work, and 1 x A3 sketchbook for classroom sessions
- The College welcomes contact with parents/guardians of students who are under 18
- Additional support is available for students with learning difficulties and disabilities
- Cardiff and Vale College is committed to inclusion and values diversity. We are determined to promote equality of opportunity and to treat everyone fairly and with respect
- Cardiff and Vale College reserves the right to make changes to this course without prior notice
- All courses are accurate at the time of upload or print
- Courses can only run if there are sufficient numbers
- Please note, if you choose three or more course choices, then you may be referred for a careers appointment first. This does not apply to A Level or GCSE choices.
Time of day
Need to know