About this course
You will be able to produce basic vegetable dishes and also Understand how to produce basic vegetable dishes.
What you will study
You will be competent in the following:
- Check the vegetables meet both quality and quantity requirements.
- Choose and use tools and equipment correctly.
- Combine vegetables with other ingredients.
- Cook vegetables to meet dish requirements.
- Make sure dish has the correct flavour, colour, texture and quantity.
- Finish and present dishes to meet requirements.
- Make sure dishes are at correct temperature for holding and serving.
- Safely store cooked vegetables not for immediate use.
Course fee per year
Part Course Fees: £30.00
Teaching and assessment
- Practical Observation.
- The College welcomes contact with parents/guardians of students who are under 18
- Additional support is available for students with learning difficulties and disabilities
- Cardiff and Vale College is committed to inclusion and values diversity. We are determined to promote equality of opportunity and to treat everyone fairly and with respect
- Cardiff and Vale College reserves the right to make changes to this course without prior notice
- All courses are accurate at the time of upload or print
- Courses can only run if there are sufficient numbers
- Please note, if you choose three or more course choices, then you may be referred for a careers appointment first. This does not apply to A Level or GCSE choices.
Time of day
Need to know