About this course
You will learn how to prepare and cook fish.
What you will study
You will be able to:
- Safely store any fish not for immediate use.
- De-frost fish when necessary.
- Check fish is fit for cooking.
- Choose right tools and equipment.
- Prepare fish to meet requirements.
- Cook fish as required.
- Finish fish as required.
- Make sure fish is at the correct temperature for holding and serving.
- Understand how to prepare and cook fish.
Course fee per year
Part Course Fees: £30.00
Teaching and assessment
- Practical Observation.
- The College welcomes contact with parents/guardians of students who are under 18
- Additional support is available for students with learning difficulties and disabilities
- Cardiff and Vale College is committed to inclusion and values diversity. We are determined to promote equality of opportunity and to treat everyone fairly and with respect
- Cardiff and Vale College reserves the right to make changes to this course without prior notice
- All courses are accurate at the time of upload or print
- Courses can only run if there are sufficient numbers
- Please note, if you choose three or more course choices, then you may be referred for a careers appointment first. This does not apply to A Level or GCSE choices.
Time of day
Need to know