About this course
This course is aimed at those wanting an introduction into the professional cookery. You will be able to prepare and cook meat / poultry and also understand how to prepare and cook meat poultry.
What you will study
On this course you will learn:
- To prepare and cook meat/poultry.
- Safely store any meat/poultry not for immediate use.
- De-frost meat/poultry when necessary.
- Check that meat/poultry is fit for cooking.
- Choose the right tools and equipment.
- Prepare meat/poultry to meet requirements.
- Cook meat/poultry as required.
- Finish meat/poultry as required.
- Make sure meat/poultry is at the correct temperature for holding and serving.
Course fee per year
Part Course Fees: £30.00
Teaching and assessment
- Practical Observation.
- The College welcomes contact with parents/guardians of students who are under 18
- Additional support is available for students with learning difficulties and disabilities
- Cardiff and Vale College is committed to inclusion and values diversity. We are determined to promote equality of opportunity and to treat everyone fairly and with respect
- Cardiff and Vale College reserves the right to make changes to this course without prior notice
- All courses are accurate at the time of upload or print
- Courses can only run if there are sufficient numbers
- Please note, if you choose three or more course choices, then you may be referred for a careers appointment first. This does not apply to A Level or GCSE choices.
Time of day
Need to know