About this course
This is course will be delivered part time and requires one day a week attendance, our experienced and qualified staff will support and guide you to the Awarding Body level of competency.
You will learn vital Plastering skills from experts in the sector and will be taught how to understand working drawings, types of structures, use of different plastering materials as well as how to conduct yourself and others on building sites.
What you will study
The main topics covered within this qualification are:
- Up to date Health & Safety requirements these are essential for working on a building site
- Types of plastering materials, application techniques and different backgrounds
- Render/ board and skim application
- Understand working drawings
Teaching and assessment
Learners on this program will receive a training plan that will be composed from entry screening. You will be helped to develop your hand skills and industrial knowledge to awarding body levels.
To pass this course you will successfully complete all practical and theory assessments, all assessments are carried out to the awarding body requirements.
Course fee per year
Course Fee: £30.00
Applicants would benefit from achieving 3 GCSEs Grades D-F. Alternatively, applicants will be considered based on interview and a satisfactory skills scan, with a desire and commitment to complete the course they would wish to study.
- The College welcomes contact with parents/guardians of students who are under 18
- Additional support is available for students with learning difficulties and disabilities
- Cardiff and Vale College is committed to inclusion and values diversity. We are determined to promote equality of opportunity and to treat everyone fairly and with respect
- Cardiff and Vale College reserves the right to make changes to this course without prior notice
- All courses are accurate at the time of upload or print
- Courses can only run if there are sufficient numbers
- Please note, if you choose three or more course choices, then you may be referred for a careers appointment first. This does not apply to A Level or GCSE choices.
Time of day
Need to know