About this course
This course will enable you to gain the basic skills in plastering. The course is specifically targeted for learners with little or no experience.
You will follow a programme of study that will give you the opportunity to apply learning in a practical and realistic way and gain confidence by developing independent learning skills.
What you will study
Plastering technical certificate at Level 1. You will learn how craft activities are carried out safely and how they contribute to the construction process to include:
- Health and safety and understanding of tools, equipment and materials
- Measuring, cutting and fixing plasterboard to walls and ceiling, cutting and fixing of various types of bead, forming external corners and window reveals by applying bonding and finishing coats of plaster.
Course fee per year
Registration Fee Payable on Enrolment: £30.00
Applicants would benefit from achieving 3 GCSEs Grades D-F. Alternatively, applicants will be considered based on interview and a satisfactory skills scan, with a desire and commitment to complete the course they would wish to study.
- The College welcomes contact with parents/guardians of students who are under 18
- Additional support is available for students with learning difficulties and disabilities
- Cardiff and Vale College is committed to inclusion and values diversity. We are determined to promote equality of opportunity and to treat everyone fairly and with respect
- Cardiff and Vale College reserves the right to make changes to this course without prior notice
- All courses are accurate at the time of upload or print
- Courses can only run if there are sufficient numbers
- Please note, if you choose three or more course choices, then you may be referred for a careers appointment first. This does not apply to A Level or GCSE choices.
Time of day
Need to know