About this course
The City & Guilds 6361-01 Level 3 Diploma in Domestic Energy Assessment has been developed as a professional qualification for learners wishing to become an accredited Domestic Energy Assessor (DEA). All homes bought, sold or rented require an EPC, which provides information on how to make domestic building more energy efficient and reduce carbon dioxide emissions.
The aims of this qualification is to meet the needs of candidates who work or want to work as a Domestic Energy Assessor in the property sector and to allow candidates to learn, develop and practise the skills required for employment and/or career progression in the property sector.
You must have access to a PC/Laptop to undertake this training and capacity to download exam software.
This FREE course is only available to adults that are eligible for a Personal Learning Account (PLA). Personal Learning Accounts, funded by the Welsh Government, are available to employed adults living in Wales that wish to develop skills to progress or change career.
Find out if you're eligible today.
What you will study
To achieve the Level 3 Certificate in Domestic Energy Assessment (6361-01), learners must achieve the mandatory units listed below:
- Prepare for energy assessments of domestic property – Assignment
- Undertake energy inspections – Assignment
- Produce and explain Energy Performance Certificates relating to domestic property – Assignment
Conduct energy assessments in a safe, effective and professional manner - Portfolio
There will be 3 days of classroom-based training when you will be required to complete three assignments and given the knowledge to complete EPC assessments. Following the 3 days at college you will be required to complete additional EPC assessments in your own time to complete your portfolio. Once completed your portfolio will be sent to your tutor for review and signing off if criteria met.
These qualifications can lead to jobs in Domestic and Non-Domestic Energy Assessment.
- Learners may wish to progress on to higher level qualifications in Energy Assessment. Learners may also wish to become a Green Deal Advisor.
- The College welcomes contact with parents/guardians of students who are under 18.
- Additional support is available for students with learning difficulties and disabilities.
- Cardiff and Vale College is committed to inclusion and values diversity. We are determined to promote equality of opportunity and to treat everyone fairly and with respect.
- Cardiff and Vale College reserves the right to make changes to this course without prior notice.
- Course fees are subject to change. Your fee will be confirmed prior to enrolment.
- All courses are accurate at the time of upload or print.
- Courses can only run if there are sufficient numbers.
- Please note, if you choose three or more course choices, then you may be referred for a careers appointment first. This does not apply to A Level or GCSE choices.
Time of day
Need to know