Intermediate Diploma in Credit & Collection (PLA)
About this course
The CICM (Chartered Institute of Credit Management) Advanced Diploma offers essential knowledge about key credit management areas and an increased ability to innovate, lead teams and operate in complex business environments. The qualification demonstrates a high level of knowledge and expertise in credit management and the ability to maximise the efficiency of the credit function.
The Essential Level 5 Skills Webinar offers advice on how to approach the Advanced Diploma in Credit & Collections Management course and written assignments.
These courses are offered as either online virtual classroom, tutor led or self-study supported by an experienced coach. Depending on the modules you choose you will be advised of the study methods available to you.
What you will study
And teaching and assessment methods if you would like to include them. If you pass four awards you will gain the Advanced Diploma in Credit & Collections Management. The qualification is regulated by Ofqual and facilitates progress to a higher level degree such as MBA degree qualifications.
• Advanced Credit Risk Management
• Compliance with legal, regulatory, ethical and social requirements
• Strategic Planning
• Legal Proceedings and Insolvency
• Strategic Communications and Leadership
• Process Improvement
Additionally, for those who have previously achieved Associate level (ACICM) with the Chartered Institute of Credit Management Institute, the Advanced Diploma gives eligibility to Graduate Membership of the Institute and to the professional letters MCICM(Grad) , whilst in current membership,
The Level 5 Advanced Diploma takes 24 months to complete, approx. 16 hours per month.
Study is a via online virtual classroom. There are 6 sessions x2 hours held over several weeks, on a weekday evening, with reading weeks scheduled in between for independent study and research. Alternatively, home supported study can be provided by an experienced coach.
Learners should be prepared to self-study 5-6 hours per week in addition.
Advanced Diploma entry requirements are:
CICM Intermediate Diploma
Minimum CICM Associate Membership grade
CICM strongly recommends the completion of Intermediate passes or exemptions in level 3 Credit Management, Accounting Principles, Business Environment and Business Law because the programme assumes robust knowledge of these areas.
- The College welcomes contact with parents/guardians of students who are under 18.
- Additional support is available for students with learning difficulties and disabilities.
- Cardiff and Vale College is committed to inclusion and values diversity. We are determined to promote equality of opportunity and to treat everyone fairly and with respect.
- Cardiff and Vale College reserves the right to make changes to this course without prior notice.
- Course fees are subject to change. Your fee will be confirmed prior to enrolment.
- All courses are accurate at the time of upload or print.
- Courses can only run if there are sufficient numbers.
- Please note, if you choose three or more course choices, then you may be referred for a careers appointment first. This does not apply to A Level or GCSE choices.
Time of day
Need to know