About this course
The CICM (Chartered Institute of Credit Management) Intermediate Awards & Diploma in Credit & Collections are designed to raise your effectiveness, improve your career prospects and prepare you for more senior roles. You will gain an advanced understanding of a wide range of credit management related concepts, processes and techniques and is ideal for those aspiring to progress.
These courses are offered as either online virtual classroom, tutor led or self-study supported by an experienced coach. Depending on the modules you choose you will be advised of the study methods available to you.
Completing this qualification means that you will be eligible for Associate membership with the Chartered Institute of Credit Management can use the letters ACICM after your name (whilst in current membership).
This level gives you the option to specialise in credit risk or enforcement.
What you will study
The ten awards at Intermediate level give you advanced knowledge about broad areas of credit and collections, and allow you to tailor your qualification to your specialism.
Pass four awards including one mandatory award for the Intermediate Diploma in Credit and Collections.
ONE of Credit Management (Trade, Export, Consumer), Trade Credit Management, Export Credit Management, or Consumer Credit Management from the mandatory section may be taken. In addition to this candidates may also include Consumer Collections.
Other units :
• Accounting Principles
• Advanced Business Communications and Personal Skills
• Advanced Collections
• Advanced Enforcement
• Business Environment
• Business Law
• Consumer Credit Management
• Credit Management (Trade, Export and Consumer)
• Credit Risk Management
• Debt Recovery Management
• Export Credit Management
• Trade Credit Management
The Diploma takes 24 months (75-104 learning hours per unit).
For the online virtual classroom study method, there are between 6 -12 sessions x 2 hours per unit, these are held on a week day and spread out over 10 plus weeks, with reading weeks scheduled in between.
Learners should be prepared to self-study 5-6 hours per week in addition to any classroom tuition.
Intermediate Diploma in Credit & Collection (PLA)
- The College welcomes contact with parents/guardians of students who are under 18.
- Additional support is available for students with learning difficulties and disabilities.
- Cardiff and Vale College is committed to inclusion and values diversity. We are determined to promote equality of opportunity and to treat everyone fairly and with respect.
- Cardiff and Vale College reserves the right to make changes to this course without prior notice.
- Course fees are subject to change. Your fee will be confirmed prior to enrolment.
- All courses are accurate at the time of upload or print.
- Courses can only run if there are sufficient numbers.
- Please note, if you choose three or more course choices, then you may be referred for a careers appointment first. This does not apply to A Level or GCSE choices.
Time of day
Need to know