About this course
This CICM (Chartered Institute of Credit Management) qualification is entry level and aims to improve your skills and help you gain recognition in your role. It will raise your confidence and performance in day-to-day tasks and build your skills ready for the next stage in your career in credit or collections. A CICM qualification can increase your earning potential, even while you are still studying.
It is ideal for new recruits to credit and collections or more experienced staff who are unqualified.
These courses are offered as either online virtual classroom, tutor led or self-study supported by an experienced coach. Depending on the modules you choose you will be advised of the study methods available to you.
What you will study
The flexibility of our qualification structure means you can choose to study any of the level 2 awards and 'bank' them with us. Pass any two awards to achieve CICM Entry-level Certificate in Credit & Collections. Pass any four awards to achieve the CICM Entry-level Diploma in Credit & Collections.
You can study one award at a time and build up your CICM qualification.
2 awards = Certificate in Credit & Collections
4 awards = Diploma in Credit & Collections
• Credit Management (Trade, Export and Consumer)
• Export Credit Management
• Consumer Credit Management
• Trade Credit Management
• Taking Control of Goods
• Credit Control / Collections
• Business Communications and Personal Skills
• Consumer Collections
• Commercial Telephone Collections
• Consumer Telephone Collections
The length of the qualification will depend on whether you sit an Award, Certificate or Diploma
Award: 3-6 months
Certificate: 6-12 months
Diploma: 12-18 months
For the online virtual classroom study method, there are between 6-12 sessions x2 hours per unit, these are held on a week day and spread out over 10 plus weeks, with reading weeks scheduled in between.
Learners should be prepared to self-study 5-6 hours per week in addition to any classroom tuition.
There are no entry requirements for this course.
- The College welcomes contact with parents/guardians of students who are under 18.
- Additional support is available for students with learning difficulties and disabilities.
- Cardiff and Vale College is committed to inclusion and values diversity. We are determined to promote equality of opportunity and to treat everyone fairly and with respect.
- Cardiff and Vale College reserves the right to make changes to this course without prior notice.
- Course fees are subject to change. Your fee will be confirmed prior to enrolment.
- All courses are accurate at the time of upload or print.
- Courses can only run if there are sufficient numbers.
- Please note, if you choose three or more course choices, then you may be referred for a careers appointment first. This does not apply to A Level or GCSE choices.
Time of day
Need to know