About this course
This course is developed to help trades people who are in transition into supervisory roles and need to use IT and digital software on a daily basis, to create emails, presentations and updating schedules and programmes.
On successful completion of this course learners will achieve a City and Guilds level 2 in Digital literacy.
This FREE course is only available to adults that are eligible for a Personal Learning Account (PLA). Personal Learning Accounts, funded by the Welsh Government, are available to employed adults living in Wales that wish to develop skills to progress or change career.
Find out if you're eligible today.
What you will study
Learning activities will include;
- Carry out a refined search using appropriate keywords or phrases
- Assess the digital information for currency, relevance, authority, accuracy and purpose
- Organise and classify digital information into a structured format to complete a task or solve a problem
- Retrieve and use digital information which is in a suitable format for a specified target audience to complete a task or solve a problem
This is qualification will be delivered through workshops and classroom delivery. Assessment will be assessed through controlled tasks set by the awarding organisation.
Students will be able to use the college IT facilities when delivered on site, however if would be beneficial if learners did have their own personal laptops to carry out student activities and practice tasks outside of the college.
On completion of the Level 2 Digital Literacy skills for Construction supervisors. There are many routes for progression such as, Level 3 Digital Literacy skills for Construction supervisors and CIOB level 4 Certificate in Site Supervision or HNC Level in the Construction and Built environment.
Course fee per year
Course Fee: £0.00
Students need to be working in the construction industry with supervisory responsibilities. PPE/Equipment needed to study- Laptop or access to computer at home.
- The College welcomes contact with parents/guardians of students who are under 18.
- Additional support is available for students with learning difficulties and disabilities.
- Cardiff and Vale College is committed to inclusion and values diversity. We are determined to promote equality of opportunity and to treat everyone fairly and with respect.
- Cardiff and Vale College reserves the right to make changes to this course without prior notice.
- Course fees are subject to change. Your fee will be confirmed prior to enrolment.
- All courses are accurate at the time of upload or print.
- Courses can only run if there are sufficient numbers.
- Please note, if you choose three or more course choices, then you may be referred for a careers appointment first. This does not apply to A Level or GCSE choices.
Time of day
Need to know