About this course
Our Level 3 Diploma in Painting and Decorating qualification has been developed for delivery in a training environment, which means you do not need to be employed to study this course. Studying at our dedicated construction workshops and classrooms, the programme will further enhance your skills, knowledge and understanding of the construction industry and enable you to work in Painting and Decorating or progress onto further training. This qualification supports the learner to attain fundamental and transferable practical skills, with associated underpinning knowledge, and industry will accept this qualification on its own as entry to a job role.
What you will study
Key components of the course include:
- Erecting and dismantling access equipment and working platforms
- Preparing surfaces for protection and decoration
- Applying coatings by brush and roller
- Applying wall coverings to ceilings and walls
- Produce advanced decorative finishes
- Carry out specialist architectural feature work
- Applying water-borne paint systems using airless equipment
You will learn the practical skills, theoretical knowledge and understanding of this trade, which will enable you to continue onto the progression routes at trade specific levels.
Interview and L2 Painting and Decorating Certificate.
Teaching and assessment
- Practical and written assessments
- The College welcomes contact with parents/guardians of students who are under 18
- Additional support is available for students with learning difficulties and disabilities
- Cardiff and Vale College is committed to inclusion and values diversity. We are determined to promote equality of opportunity and to treat everyone fairly and with respect
- Cardiff and Vale College reserves the right to make changes to this course without prior notice
- All courses are accurate at the time of upload or print
- Courses can only run if there are sufficient numbers
- Please note, if you choose three or more course choices, then you may be referred for a careers appointment first. This does not apply to A Level or GCSE choices.
Time of day
I have enjoyed being around the City Centre Campus, it's a nice surrounding and everyone gets along. The highlight of my time at college has been the new friends I have made and the different atmosphere from school. You can gain new skills and do things you'd never thought you could do before.
Need to know