About this course
Our Level 3 NVQ Diploma in Hospitality Supervision and Leadership is a nationally recognised qualification set in a realistic working environment. Taught at our campus in Barry, this programme is based on the National Occupation Standards, which is written by employers and experts in the Hospitality industry. This is a front of house qualification, where learners will be working part time in the hospitality industry alongside completing the course. Studying in our dedicated facilities, this programme is suitable for anyone already in the workplace looking to progress their career, or for anyone wanting to progress into Hospitality Supervision and seeking a position of responsibility.
When completed, this qualification will prove that you can work to such standards, and will show that you are competent to be a supervisor in a Hospitality business, as you will have gained the skills, knowledge and understanding required to complete this role. You will also work as a trainee supervisor in the restaurant (kitchen, restaurant, bar and reception area), working with and supporting lower level learners to gain the evidence for this qualification.
What you will study
For a full level 3 Diploma in Hospitality Supervision and Leadership the learner must successfully complete 5 mandatory units:
- Set objectives and provide support for team members
- Develop working relationships with colleagues
- Contribute to the control of resources
- Maintain the health, hygiene, safety and security of the working environment
- Lead a team to improve customer service
- Candidates choose from a number of units applicable to the career path they wish to follow
Course fee per year
Registration Fee Payable on Enrolment: £30.00
5 GCSEs A* - C including English Language and/or Maths or Level 2 Diploma in same/similar area
Teaching and assessment
- Continuous assessment
- The College welcomes contact with parents/guardians of students who are under 18
- Additional support is available for students with learning difficulties and disabilities
- Cardiff and Vale College is committed to inclusion and values diversity. We are determined to promote equality of opportunity and to treat everyone fairly and with respect
- Cardiff and Vale College reserves the right to make changes to this course without prior notice
- All courses are accurate at the time of upload or print
- Courses can only run if there are sufficient numbers
- Please note, if you choose three or more course choices, then you may be referred for a careers appointment first. This does not apply to A Level or GCSE choices.
After leaving CAVC I might continue on with my Bakery Skills and do Level 4 at University, or I might look into doing teaching degree, so maybe in the future I could be teaching. To possible students I would say it is a good course, and the support from the tutors is great.
Need to know