About this course
The Level 2 NVQ Diploma in Bricklaying qualification has been designed to develop and recognise your skills, knowledge and competence so that you can work in Bricklaying within the construction industry or progress onto further learning.
What you will study
This is an NVQ delivery only course. The NVQ qualification supports the learner to attain fundamental and transferable practical skills, with associated underpinning knowledge, and industry will accept this qualification on its own as entry to a job role.
Course fee per year
Exam Fee: £77.25
Course Fee: £572.75
You need to be employed in the industry to study this qualification and have an interview and endorsement from the course tutor
Teaching and assessment
- Written and practical assessments and work based assessment
- The College welcomes contact with parents/guardians of students who are under 18
- Additional support is available for students with learning difficulties and disabilities
- Cardiff and Vale College is committed to inclusion and values diversity. We are determined to promote equality of opportunity and to treat everyone fairly and with respect
- Cardiff and Vale College reserves the right to make changes to this course without prior notice
- All courses are accurate at the time of upload or print
- Courses can only run if there are sufficient numbers
- Please note, if you choose three or more course choices, then you may be referred for a careers appointment first. This does not apply to A Level or GCSE choices.
Time of day
I got myself on an apprenticeship with a domestic tiler and have expanded my knowledge from there. School wasn’t for me as I preferred a more hands on approach to learning. Being able to practice my trade in college, and developing my skills means when I go into work for my apprenticeship I can test what I have learned in a real life setting. Being at college I have found a lot more relaxed than school, so anyone who is thinking of coming to the College I’d say that the staff are great and easy to get along with, and come and see if it’s for you.
Need to know