About this course
The purpose of this qualification is to develop your skills in Nail Services to a high level of occupational ability, to enable you to perform your own salon services.
This qualification will provide you with the knowledge, understanding and skills to work competently as a practitioner in the nail industry.
What you will study
You will be required to cover the following:
- Health, safety & hygiene
- Recap on anatomy and physiology knowledge
- Natural nail preparation
- Clear tip and white tip application
- Acrylic and gel chemistry
- Application of acrylic
- Finishing and perfecting techniques
- Acrylic nail removal
- Maintaining acrylic nail enhancements
- Overview of infills, re-balance and repairs
Course fee per year
Course Fee: £185.00
Teaching and assessment
- Practical assessment
Certificate in Manicure. Successful interview.
- The College welcomes contact with parents/guardians of students who are under 18
- Additional support is available for students with learning difficulties and disabilities
- Cardiff and Vale College is committed to inclusion and values diversity. We are determined to promote equality of opportunity and to treat everyone fairly and with respect
- Cardiff and Vale College reserves the right to make changes to this course without prior notice
- All courses are accurate at the time of upload or print
- Courses can only run if there are sufficient numbers
- Please note, if you choose three or more course choices, then you may be referred for a careers appointment first. This does not apply to A Level or GCSE choices.
Ever since I can remember I have always enjoyed doing hair and beauty. Through the contacts that one of our tutors had, I obtained a job working in a spa. The practical skills I have gained from studying at CAVC have been amazing.
Need to know