Mental Health First Aid
About this course
We offer training in mental health awareness and also Mental Health First Aid (MHFA) both of which provide delegates with an understanding of mental health, the most common difficulties experienced and useful ‘first aid’ interventions. The principles of mental health are explained and discussed with opportunity to practice essential ‘helping’ skills for use in the workplace, home and public places.
These courses will build confidence and encourage skills to enable delegates to offer appropriate comfort and signposts to professional help.
Course Fee: £180
What you will study
Mental Health First Aid (endorsed) 2 days
This course is based on MHFA guidelines and covers:
- What is MHFA (Wales) and the stigma of mental illness.
- Recognising symptoms of depression and how to implement first aid for depression.
- Understanding anxiety, self harm and suicide and how to help.
- Symptoms of Psychosis and how to create actions plans to assist with mental illness.
Training in Mind, MHFA (Wales) Certificate
- The College welcomes contact with parents/guardians of students who are under 18
- Additional support is available for students with learning difficulties and disabilities
- Cardiff and Vale College is committed to inclusion and values diversity. We are determined to promote equality of opportunity and to treat everyone fairly and with respect
- Cardiff and Vale College reserves the right to make changes to this course without prior notice
- All courses are accurate at the time of upload or print
- Courses can only run if there are sufficient numbers
- Please note, if you choose three or more course choices, then you may be referred for a careers appointment first. This does not apply to A Level or GCSE choices.
Time of day
Need to know