About this course
The course is designed for those wishing to improve their basic machining skills.
This is available for people with a genuine interest in engineering machining, both basic lathe and basic milling.
This is an ideal opportunity to upskill and enhance both your employment prospects and progression opportunities.
What you will study
You will study:
- Safe operating practices of lathes and Milling machinery
- Basic lathe techniques
- Basic Milling techniques
- Hand skills associated with both milling and turning
- Health and Safety and safe working practices
- Introduction to engineering drawings
Course fee per year
Course Fee: £100.00
Applicants will be considered based on interview and a satisfactory desire and commitment to complete the course they would wish to study.
- The College welcomes contact with parents/guardians of students who are under 18
- Additional support is available for students with learning difficulties and disabilities
- Cardiff and Vale College is committed to inclusion and values diversity. We are determined to promote equality of opportunity and to treat everyone fairly and with respect
- Cardiff and Vale College reserves the right to make changes to this course without prior notice
- All courses are accurate at the time of upload or print
- Courses can only run if there are sufficient numbers
- Please note, if you choose three or more course choices, then you may be referred for a careers appointment first. This does not apply to A Level or GCSE choices.
Time of day
Throughout my time at CAVC I used a range of equipment, including; soldering irons, oscilloscopes and power supplies. I believe combining the academic and practical skills that I have gained at college will fuse my product design and electronic skills together ahead of university.
Need to know