About this course
This course is aimed at anyone who is involved with the care of babies and young children, e.g. young people interested in babysitting, new parents/carers.
What you will study
You will study how to care for the physical needs of babies and young children for example:
- nutritional needs – how to provide healthy meals
- physical care – skin, hair, teeth
- routines – toilet training
- well-being and safety
Successful completion of this course will result in a 1 Credit at Level 1. (Agored)
Course fee per year
Course Fee: £10.00
- The College welcomes contact with parents/guardians of students who are under 18
- Additional support is available for students with learning difficulties and disabilities
- Cardiff and Vale College is committed to inclusion and values diversity. We are determined to promote equality of opportunity and to treat everyone fairly and with respect
- Cardiff and Vale College reserves the right to make changes to this course without prior notice
- All courses are accurate at the time of upload or print
- Courses can only run if there are sufficient numbers
- Please note, if you choose three or more course choices, then you may be referred for a careers appointment first. This does not apply to A Level or GCSE choices.
Time of day
I feel a lot more independent than at school. I find there is a lot more support here. Through doing this course I will be able to work in a school. All my teachers are really lovely, they are all supportive and understanding.
Need to know