About this course
The overall aim of this Introduction to Cabin Crew Level 2 course is to develop the personal and interpersonal skills necessary for success as a member of air cabin crew or airport personnel as airport check-in staff, and to prepare the student for career development.
What you will study
The course covers the theoretical aspect of the industry, together with an emphasis on practical study to include role-play, simulations and observations. Students will be encouraged to develop research and study skills in preparation for cabin crew employment training.
Classes can be taught on our Boeing 737-200 Aircraft which is attached to the college, a real working environment!
Units of study include the following:
• 2 Air Cabin Crew specific units
Airline Emergency Procedures and the Role of Cabin Crew On-board.
This is a full time course from September to June.
Course fee per year
Registration Fee Payable on Enrolment: £30.00
4 GCSEs Grades A* - D including English Language and/or Maths (or equivalent) or relevant Level 1 Diploma - Travel and Tourism
- The College welcomes contact with parents/guardians of students who are under 18
- Additional support is available for students with learning difficulties and disabilities
- Cardiff and Vale College is committed to inclusion and values diversity. We are determined to promote equality of opportunity and to treat everyone fairly and with respect
- Cardiff and Vale College reserves the right to make changes to this course without prior notice
- All courses are accurate at the time of upload or print
- Courses can only run if there are sufficient numbers
- Please note, if you choose three or more course choices, then you may be referred for a careers appointment first. This does not apply to A Level or GCSE choices.
Time of day
I had a work experience day with Virgin Atlantic where I did training to show us what it would be like on board an aircraft and I fell in love with the work then. Then whilst training on my course, we also had a look at what working for Swissport would be like. I then saw a job with TUI and my lecturer helped me with my application. I am now fully employed. Coming to Cardiff and Vale College helped me get my job.
Need to know