About this course
This course will provide you with City and Guilds Portable Appliance Testing accreditation/certification.
This FREE course is only available to adults that are eligible for a Personal Learning Account (PLA). Personal Learning Accounts, funded by the Welsh Government, are available to employed adults living in Wales that wish to develop skills to progress or change career.
Find out if you're eligible today.
What you will study
- Successfully complete one online multiple choice test for each mandatory unit
- Successfully complete one practical test covering learning outcome 7 of the in-service inspection and testing of Electrical Equipment
Course fee per year
Exam Fee: £45.00
Course Fee: £30.00
It is expected that the candidates attempting this course should be familiar with electrical systems and hazards of electricity in order to satisfactorily complete the qualification.
- The College welcomes contact with parents/guardians of students who are under 18
- Additional support is available for students with learning difficulties and disabilities
- Cardiff and Vale College is committed to inclusion and values diversity. We are determined to promote equality of opportunity and to treat everyone fairly and with respect
- Cardiff and Vale College reserves the right to make changes to this course without prior notice
- All courses are accurate at the time of upload or print
- Courses can only run if there are sufficient numbers
- Please note, if you choose three or more course choices, then you may be referred for a careers appointment first. This does not apply to A Level or GCSE choices.
Throughout my time at CAVC I used a range of equipment, including; soldering irons, oscilloscopes and power supplies. I believe combining the academic and practical skills that I have gained at college will fuse my product design and electronic skills together ahead of university.
Need to know