About this course
This course will provide you with City and Guilds Portable Appliance Testing accreditation/certification.
What you will study
- Successfully complete one online multiple choice test for each mandatory unit
- Successfully complete one practical test covering learning outcome 7 of the in-service inspection and testing of Electrical Equipment
Course fee per year
Exam Fee: £45.00
Course Fee: £30.00
It is expected that the candidates attempting this course should be familiar with electrical systems and hazards of electricity in order to satisfactorily complete the qualification.
- The College welcomes contact with parents/guardians of students who are under 18
- Additional support is available for students with learning difficulties and disabilities
- Cardiff and Vale College is committed to inclusion and values diversity. We are determined to promote equality of opportunity and to treat everyone fairly and with respect
- Cardiff and Vale College reserves the right to make changes to this course without prior notice
- All courses are accurate at the time of upload or print
- Courses can only run if there are sufficient numbers
- Please note, if you choose three or more course choices, then you may be referred for a careers appointment first. This does not apply to A Level or GCSE choices.
Time of day
Throughout my time at CAVC I used a range of equipment, including; soldering irons, oscilloscopes and power supplies. I believe combining the academic and practical skills that I have gained at college will fuse my product design and electronic skills together ahead of university.
Need to know