About this course
This Level 2 Award is designed for technicians who maintain and repair hybrid technology vehicles (not the actual hybrid system). It contains the knowledge required to work safely around a vehicle's hybrid system, whilst carrying out repairs or maintenance. On completion of this ‘single unit’ qualification, technicians will have gained knowledge of high voltage hybrid technologies and an understanding of their dangers.
If you require any further information please contact the course tutor on - 02920 406505.
What you will study
Level 2 Unit: Automotive Internal Combustion and Electric Hybrid Technology Components and Operation
Course fee per year
Exam Fee: £79.00
Course Fee: £316.00
- The College welcomes contact with parents/guardians of students who are under 18
- Additional support is available for students with learning difficulties and disabilities
- Cardiff and Vale College is committed to inclusion and values diversity. We are determined to promote equality of opportunity and to treat everyone fairly and with respect
- Cardiff and Vale College reserves the right to make changes to this course without prior notice
- All courses are accurate at the time of upload or print
- Courses can only run if there are sufficient numbers
- Please note, if you choose three or more course choices, then you may be referred for a careers appointment first. This does not apply to A Level or GCSE choices.
Candidate will require relevant experience in the automotive industry. It is recommended 4 years.
Time of day
I know from studying at the College and applying the skills I’ve learnt in my job I improve each day. I’m even going to compete at World Skills for vehicle body painting.
Need to know