About this course
The course is a heavy vehicle trailer qualification, it is aimed at people looking to come into the heavy vehicle maintenance and repair world. It is also aimed at people already working in the trade who may be classed as semi-skilled. This will give them a nationally recognized qualification. We aim to make direct links with industry employers in the south wales area, to arrange work placements etc. where possible.
What you will study
The course will cover all aspects of a heavy vehicle trailer repair, maintenance inspection and fault diagnostics. We will cover
- Health and safety,
- Tools and equipment,
- Chassis systems, including trailer types,
- Braking systems (discs and drums),
- Pneumatic valves,
- Mechanical suspension
- ECAS (Electronically controlled air suspension),
- Wheels and tyres
- Mot standard inspections and preparation,
- Lighting systems,
- ABS & EBS (Electronically controlled braking systems)
- And all other related trailer systems.
Course fee per year
Course Fee: £100.00
Applicants will be considered based on interview and a satisfactory desire and commitment to complete the course they would wish to study.
- The College welcomes contact with parents/guardians of students who are under 18
- Additional support is available for students with learning difficulties and disabilities
- Cardiff and Vale College is committed to inclusion and values diversity. We are determined to promote equality of opportunity and to treat everyone fairly and with respect
- Cardiff and Vale College reserves the right to make changes to this course without prior notice
- All courses are accurate at the time of upload or print
- Courses can only run if there are sufficient numbers
- Please note, if you choose three or more course choices, then you may be referred for a careers appointment first. This does not apply to A Level or GCSE choices.