About this course
The purpose of BTEC higher nationals in Hospitality Management is to develop students as professional, self-reflecting individuals able to meet the demands of employers in Hospitality Management and adapt to a constantly changing world. The qualifications aim to widen access to higher education and enhance the career prospects of those who undertake them.
What you will study
The level 4 higher national certificate in Hospitality Management offers students a broad introduction to the subject area via a mandatory core of learning, while allowing for the acquisition of skills and experience through the selection of optional units across a range of occupational sectors at level 4. This effectively builds underpinning core skills while preparing the student for subject specialisation at Level 5. Students will gain a wide range of sector knowledge tied to practical skills gained in research, self-study, directed study and workplace scenarios.
At Level 4 students develop a broad knowledge and awareness of key aspects of hospitality through five core units, which include one unit assessed by a Pearson set assignment.
The units are:
- The Contemporary Hospitality Industry
- Managing the Customer Experience
- Professional Identity and Practice
- The Hospitality Business Toolkit
- Leadership and Management for Service Industries (Pearson-set unit).
This course is taught at our award winning 2 AA Rosette in house restaurant - The Classroom.
Course fee per year
Tuition Fees: £2,400.00
For students who have recently been in education, the entry profile is likely to include 48 UCAS tariff points gained from one of the following: ● A BTEC Level 3 qualification in Hospitality (ideally with a Merit profile) ● A GCE Advanced Level profile that demonstrates strong performance in a relevant subject or adequate performance in more than one GCE subject. This profile is likely to be supported by GCSE grades at A* to C and/or 9 to 4 (or equivalent) ● Other related Level 3 qualifications ● An Access to Higher Education Certificate awarded by an approved further education institution ● Experience/knowledge of working in the industry at mid to senior level ● An international equivalent of the above
- The College welcomes contact with parents/guardians of students who are under 18.
- Additional support is available for students with learning difficulties and disabilities.
- Cardiff and Vale College is committed to inclusion and values diversity. We are determined to promote equality of opportunity and to treat everyone fairly and with respect.
- Cardiff and Vale College reserves the right to make changes to this course without prior notice.
- Course fees are subject to change. Your fee will be confirmed prior to enrolment.
- All courses are accurate at the time of upload or print.
- Courses can only run if there are sufficient numbers.
- Please note, if you choose three or more course choices, then you may be referred for a careers appointment first. This does not apply to A Level or GCSE choices.
Time of day
Career prospects & further study
Progression from course includes continuing on to a Level 5 HND in Hospitality Management or furthering your career in industry/employment.
Need to know