About this course
The re-validated BA (Hons) Education, Learning and Development programme will enable you to achieve an honours degree whilst studying at the College. The course aims to extend your knowledge and critical awareness of key issues and concepts relevant to the wider education sector.
What you will study
You'll undertake a detailed exploration and evaluation of leadership and management as well as looking at collaboration and multi-agency working. Teaching and learning approaches will be critically examined in addition to exploring the significance of valuing the voice of the child and their well-being. Students will undertake a research study of an area pertinent to their work setting, making valuable recommendations to inform future practice.
- Leadership in Education, Learning and Development
- Professional Multi-agency Collaboration
- Learning and Teaching
- Well-being and the Learner Voice
- Independent Project
The course combines academic study and draws upon practice based evidence, therefore students are expected to be in a relevant work placement (paid or voluntary and subject to interview). Assessment is through a variety of approaches including essay writing, case studies, presentations and research study.
The course will be taught on Thursdays 5.00 pm - 9.00 pm with 2 additional sessions on Saturdays, dates to be confirmed.
Course fee per year
DBS Check: £45.05
Tuition Fees: £2,160.00
You need to have successfully completed the Foundation Degree in Education, Learning and Development or Foundation Degree Learning Support. Additionally, you should be employed professionally or voluntarily in a childcare or education setting. Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check will be required.
- The College welcomes contact with parents/guardians of students who are under 18.
- Additional support is available for students with learning difficulties and disabilities.
- Cardiff and Vale College is committed to inclusion and values diversity. We are determined to promote equality of opportunity and to treat everyone fairly and with respect.
- Cardiff and Vale College reserves the right to make changes to this course without prior notice.
- Course fees are subject to change. Your fee will be confirmed prior to enrolment.
- All courses are accurate at the time of upload or print.
- Courses can only run if there are sufficient numbers.
- Please note, if you choose three or more course choices, then you may be referred for a careers appointment first. This does not apply to A Level or GCSE choices.
Time of day
Career prospects & further study
Previous applicants have secured a variety of senior posts within the sector. Progression is available to post graduate study, subject to meeting the university entry requirements.
Need to know