About this course
The programme focuses on the scientific study of all aspects of a healthy lifestyle, and the strategies that can be employed to improve health. The programme includes a series of fundamental science-based modules in human physiology, nutrition and biochemistry. Emphasis will be placed on the relationship between exercise, nutrition, lifestyle factors and health. An evidenced-based approach will be taken, allowing graduates from the programme to evaluate evidence for disease prevention and treatment, design trials to assess health interventions, take a lead role in health promotion and to relate to the Health Agenda of the Nation.
What you will study
You will study the following modules:
- Cell biology and genetics
- Human anatomy & physiology
- Laboratory skills and data analysis
- Infection & immunity A
- Personal & professional development A
Methods of delivery will include lectures supported by tutorials, seminars, practicals (laboratory-based and gym) and case studies.
Please note: You can apply for this course either through UCAS or directly with the College.
If applying via UCAS please use the following details: Course Code - B990, University Code - C20, Campus Code - 5, CAVC - Cardiff.
Course fee per year
Tuition Fees: £7,500.00
Standard Entry: 72 UCAS tariff points to include grades from A2 Level or an equivalent qualification such as the BTEC Extended Diploma. Applicants should have five GCSE passes at C grade or above.
Non Standard Entry: A successful interview demonstrating commitment to study and academic potential. Evidence of recent study or engagement in appropriate employment. If a candidate is taking or has recently taken (last 2 years) GCSE English and/or Mathematics, these should have been passed at Grade C or above.
- The College welcomes contact with parents/guardians of students who are under 18
- Additional support is available for students with learning difficulties and disabilities
- Cardiff and Vale College is committed to inclusion and values diversity. We are determined to promote equality of opportunity and to treat everyone fairly and with respect
- Cardiff and Vale College reserves the right to make changes to this course without prior notice
- All courses are accurate at the time of upload or print
- Courses can only run if there are sufficient numbers
- Please note, if you choose three or more course choices, then you may be referred for a careers appointment first. This does not apply to A Level or GCSE choices.
Time of day
Need to know