About this course
The Highfield Level 2 Award in HACCP for Catering (RQF) is aimed at those working in a food catering environment and other food handlers. The qualification is intended for candidates already working in catering and those who are preparing to work in the industry.
The objective of the qualification is to provide an introduction to HACCP, and also support those who are, or will be part of a HACCP (hazard analysis and critical control points) team within a catering environment.
This FREE course is only available to adults that are eligible for a Personal Learning Account (PLA). Personal Learning Accounts, funded by the Welsh Government, are available to employed adults living in Wales that wish to develop skills to progress or change career.
Find out if you're eligible today.
What you will study
- Learn the procedures required to develop Food Safety Management systems based on HACCP principles
- Learn how to develop food Safety Management systems based on HACCP principles
This qualification is assessed by a multiple-choice examination, where the learner must answer at least 9 out of 15 questions correctly to pass.
- The College welcomes contact with parents/guardians of students who are under 18
- Additional support is available for students with learning difficulties and disabilities
- Cardiff and Vale College is committed to inclusion and values diversity. We are determined to promote equality of opportunity and to treat everyone fairly and with respect
- Cardiff and Vale College reserves the right to make changes to this course without prior notice
- All courses are accurate at the time of upload or print
- Courses can only run if there are sufficient numbers
- Please note, if you choose three or more course choices, then you may be referred for a careers appointment first. This does not apply to A Level or GCSE choices.
Time of day
Need to know