About this course
This qualification is an important first step in developing the essential basic knowledge required for working in financial services. It provides a broad overview of the industry and could be your stepping stone to a career in financial services.
You will learn about the types of banking and commonly used financial products, such as shares, bonds and insurance. It will provide you with an understanding of financial terminology and enable you to perform important basic calculations.
What you will study
You will be studying modules in:
- Ethics and Integrity in Financial Services
- Introduction into saving and borrowing
- Banking - Identifies the difference between retail and commercial banking
- Equities/Shares/Stocks - Provides an understanding of shares, what they are for and the risks involved in owning them
- Bonds - Identifies the two main issuers of bonds that is companies and governments.
- Markets - Explains how a stock exchange operates
Other areas of Financial Services - Highlights other key areas including: Fund Management, Foreign Exchange, Insurance and Retirement Planning.
Course fee per year
Registration Fee Payable on Enrolment: £30.00
Good level on literacy and numeracy
- The College welcomes contact with parents/guardians of students who are under 18
- Additional support is available for students with learning difficulties and disabilities
- Cardiff and Vale College is committed to inclusion and values diversity. We are determined to promote equality of opportunity and to treat everyone fairly and with respect
- Cardiff and Vale College reserves the right to make changes to this course without prior notice
- All courses are accurate at the time of upload or print
- Courses can only run if there are sufficient numbers
- Please note, if you choose three or more course choices, then you may be referred for a careers appointment first. This does not apply to A Level or GCSE choices.
Time of day
Need to know