About this course
This Foundation Degree in Performing Arts is an exciting opportunity for those individuals interested in pursuing a career in acting or working in the performing arts industry. Based at our City Centre campus in Cardiff, this programme will develop a level skills, knowledge and understanding which will prepare the learner for employment within the sector or onto further academic study. The work based learning component of the course will also give individuals the opportunity to apply their acquired skills and knowledge to the world of work. Students will benefit from being taught by lecturers who, as well as being specialists in their field, are also actors and directors themselves and have strong links with local theatres and companies such as TVO, Spectacle and National Theatre Wales.
How to Apply: You apply for this course via UCAS. The ‘Apply Now’ button will take you to the UCAS course page.
You will need the following details:
Course Code – CR02, Institution Code – C16, Campus Code - A, Campus Name – City Centre Campus
For further information visit Completing your UCAS application.
What you will study
- Acting & Directing
- Perspectives on Performance
- Performance & Media Technical Toolkit
- Performing Arts Practical Project
- Theatre Festival
- Applied Drama
- Creative Industries Practical Project
- Creative Industries Work Placement
There will be an additional £15 Fee for Pantomime visit for Perspectives on Performance module.
Course fee per year
Tuition Fees: £7,500.00
Applications to the course will be considered on an individual basis.
Typical entry requirements are detailed below but if you don’t meet these criteria, then your work and life experience will be taken into consideration.
Combinations of the qualifications below are acceptable and other qualifications not listed may also be accepted on an individual basis.
Typical A-Level Offer - DD
Typical BTEC Offer - relevant BTEC level 3 profile of Merit/Pass or Pass/Pass/Pass Typical Welsh Bacc Offer - Grade C and DE at A Level
Typical Access to HE Offer - Pass Diploma with 60 credits overall to include 45 level 3 credits all passes.
Additionally, GCSE passes in three subjects at grade C or above to include Mathematics and English Language (or equivalent).
A successful interview may also be a requirement for entry onto the course.
Teaching and assessment
- Written assignments practical assessments work based assessments and portfolio
- The College welcomes contact with parents/guardians of students who are under 18.
- Additional support is available for students with learning difficulties and disabilities.
- Cardiff and Vale College is committed to inclusion and values diversity. We are determined to promote equality of opportunity and to treat everyone fairly and with respect.
- Cardiff and Vale College reserves the right to make changes to this course without prior notice.
- Course fees are subject to change. Your fee will be confirmed prior to enrolment.
- All courses are accurate at the time of upload or print.
- Courses can only run if there are sufficient numbers.
- Please note, if you choose three or more course choices, then you may be referred for a careers appointment first. This does not apply to A Level or GCSE choices.
Time of day
Career prospects & further study
After completing this course, you can top up the qualification to a BA (Hons) Performing Arts at the University of South Wales. Many students will also progress onto related careers in the area of Performing Arts.