About this course
This qualification is aimed at low-risk workplaces.
The Emergency First Aid course is designed to equip candidates with the basic knowledge and skills required to save lives in a medical emergency. This course is run over 18 hours and includes both theory and practical sessions. It will give a thorough insight into dealing with basic medical emergencies.
What you will study
By the end of the course, learners will be able to manage and treat minor injuries and will also be fully aware of their roles and responsibilities as a First Aider.
By the end of the course the candidate should be able to:
- Describe the role of the First Aider
- Deal with incident and casualty management
- Recognise and undertake a Primary assessment, including CPR
- Recognise a choking casualty
- React to airway and breathing difficulties
- Examine and treat wounds and bleeding
- Recognise and manage a heart attack
- Deal with medical conditions
- Accurately report incidents
The course is delivered in a classroom and consists of a hands-on approach, covering the skills and confidence to use first aid skills in a real-life situation. There will be a maximum of 12 learners, providing an interactive environment. There is an on-going assessment of learners through practical demonstrations, question and answer, quizzes and engaging activities. Training materials provided.
Course fee per year
Course Fee: £120.00
- The College welcomes contact with parents/guardians of students who are under 18
- Additional support is available for students with learning difficulties and disabilities
- Cardiff and Vale College is committed to inclusion and values diversity. We are determined to promote equality of opportunity and to treat everyone fairly and with respect
- Cardiff and Vale College reserves the right to make changes to this course without prior notice
- All courses are accurate at the time of upload or print
- Courses can only run if there are sufficient numbers
- Please note, if you choose three or more course choices, then you may be referred for a careers appointment first. This does not apply to A Level or GCSE choices.
Must be over 19 on commencement of the course
Time of day
Need to know