About this course
The ESOL element of this course focuses on the language skills of reading, writing, listening and speaking. Grammar and specialist vocabulary related to Hair and Beauty will also form a very important part of this course.
This course is available at:
- 16 hours a week
What you will study
The Hair and Beauty unit of the course will help you to develop the creative skill of using both hairdressing and beauty techniques to create an image based on a theme.
Practical sessions will take place in the College’s fully equipped salons, allowing students to practice working within such environments
This course provides the basis of the knowledge required for progression onto a Level 2 Hair or Beauty course.
There will be 16 hours of training per week:
- 3.5 hours in the salon
- 9.5 hours of ESOL
- 3 hours of Numeracy.
Students who enrol on these courses need to be fully committed as we expect an attendance rate of 100%. Students whose attendance drops below 90% will be at risk of losing their places.
The course will prepare learners for nationally recognised qualifications in both ESOL and Hair and Beauty. Students will also do Numeracy as part of the programme and this will also lead to a recognised qualification.
Course fee per year
Registration Fee Payable on Enrolment: £30.00
Assessment at Level 1. Alternatively, successful achievement of Entry Level 3 and satisfactory reference from tutor to indicate good behaviour, attendance and progress.
Teaching and assessment
- Regular assignments and regular assessments and end of year assessments
- The College welcomes contact with parents/guardians of students who are under 18
- Additional support is available for students with learning difficulties and disabilities
- Cardiff and Vale College is committed to inclusion and values diversity. We are determined to promote equality of opportunity and to treat everyone fairly and with respect
- Cardiff and Vale College reserves the right to make changes to this course without prior notice
- All courses are accurate at the time of upload or print
- Courses can only run if there are sufficient numbers
- Please note, if you choose three or more course choices, then you may be referred for a careers appointment first. This does not apply to A Level or GCSE choices.
Time of day
I came over from Romania two and half years ago. I began at the college studying ESOL, and have now progressed onto studying an Access Course in BTEC Applied Science. My ESOL course was a really helpful course, and everyone was friendly.
Need to know