About this course
The ESOL element of the course focuses on the language skills of reading, writing, listening and speaking. Grammar and specialist vocabulary related to accounting are also a very important part of this course - students will be able to develop these areas which will help to support them with the AAT component of the course.
AAT Qualifications are recognised by employers as practical and technical qualifications which prepare students for the world of work and for working specifically in accountancy and finance roles.
This course is available at:
- 16 hours a week
What you will study
The Introductory Award in Accounting - AAT Access can lead to employment as:
- Data Entry Clerk
- Accounts Administrator
- Administrative Assistant
- Retail Assistant
- Customer Service Advisor
- Dispatch Clerk / Warehouse Operative.
- Mathematics for accounting
- Essential accounting procedures
- Creating business documents
- Accounting in a professional environment.
- The College welcomes contact with parents/guardians of students who are under 18
- Additional support is available for students with learning difficulties and disabilities
- Cardiff and Vale College is committed to inclusion and values diversity. We are determined to promote equality of opportunity and to treat everyone fairly and with respect
- Cardiff and Vale College reserves the right to make changes to this course without prior notice
- All courses are accurate at the time of upload or print
- Courses can only run if there are sufficient numbers
- Please note, if you choose three or more course choices, then you may be referred for a careers appointment first. This does not apply to A Level or GCSE choices.
Assessment at Level 1. Alternatively, successful achievement of Entry Level 3 and satisfactory reference from tutor to indicate good behaviour, attendance and progress.
Time of day
I came over from Romania two and half years ago. I began at the college studying ESOL, and have now progressed onto studying an Access Course in BTEC Applied Science. My ESOL course was a really helpful course, and everyone was friendly.
Need to know