About this course
This Plumbing level 2 course will suit anyone who is interested in a career in the plumbing industry, this course is great stepping stone to become a plumber.
What you will study
The qualification covers many areas within plumbing and domestic heating, such as hot and cold water supplies, sanitation and understanding health and safety within Building Services Engineering. Candidates will be assessed by on-demand multiple choice tests and practical assignments.
You will learn in the classroom and in the workshop, using suitable tools and materials. Each unit is assessed via practical assignments and online exams.
You will study a number of units to include:
- Unit 201/501 Health and safety in building services engineering
- Unit 202/502 Electrical principles and processes for building services engineering
- Unit 203 Scientific principles for domestic, industrial and commercial plumbing
- Unit 204/504 Common plumbing processes
- Unit 205/505 Cold water systems
- Unit 206/506 Domestic hot water systems
- Unit 207 Sanitation
- Unit 208/508 Central heating systems
- Unit 209/509 Drainage systems
- Unit 210 Understand how to communicate with others within building services engineering
A number of work based training opportunities will need to be completed on site, this will be arranged through Cardiff and Vale College.
Course fee per year
Registration Fee Payable on Enrolment: £30.00
4 GCSEs Grade A* - D including English Language and/or Maths and a successful interview
- The College welcomes contact with parents/guardians of students who are under 18
- Additional support is available for students with learning difficulties and disabilities
- Cardiff and Vale College is committed to inclusion and values diversity. We are determined to promote equality of opportunity and to treat everyone fairly and with respect
- Cardiff and Vale College reserves the right to make changes to this course without prior notice
- All courses are accurate at the time of upload or print
- Courses can only run if there are sufficient numbers
- Please note, if you choose three or more course choices, then you may be referred for a careers appointment first. This does not apply to A Level or GCSE choices.
Time of day
I’m having an excellent time at the College – I can come to develop and train and I’m also learning from my apprenticeship provider. It’s nice to spend time at the College as it splits the week up and makes it more manageable.
Need to know