About this course
This Level 3 Qualification for students who wish to progress onto an apprenticeship in the Electrotechnical trade. The course is also suitable as a basis for progression to designing electrotechnical installations and services.
What you will study
Course consists of a mixture of theory and practice experience covering the following topics:
- Electrical Science and Principles
- Environmental Technologies
- Planning and Preparing for Installation Work
- Electrotechnical Craft Skills
- Inspection, Testing and Commissioning of Electrical Systems
- Fault Diagnosis and Rectification
Successful completion of Electrical Installation level 2 course, minimum 90% attendance, satisfactory reference and behaviour on course
Course fee per year
Registration Fee Payable on Enrolment: £30.00
Teaching and assessment
The qualification is assessed by a mixture of on-screen exams, written assignments, and practical assessments. The qualification is graded pass/fail only.
- The College welcomes contact with parents/guardians of students who are under 18
- Additional support is available for students with learning difficulties and disabilities
- Cardiff and Vale College is committed to inclusion and values diversity. We are determined to promote equality of opportunity and to treat everyone fairly and with respect
- Cardiff and Vale College reserves the right to make changes to this course without prior notice
- All courses are accurate at the time of upload or print
- Courses can only run if there are sufficient numbers
- Please note, if you choose three or more course choices, then you may be referred for a careers appointment first. This does not apply to A Level or GCSE choices.
Time of day
Throughout my time at CAVC I used a range of equipment, including; soldering irons, oscilloscopes and power supplies. I believe combining the academic and practical skills that I have gained at college will fuse my product design and electronic skills together ahead of university.
Need to know