About this course
This qualification is for candidates wishing to gain an understanding and practical experience of wall and floor tiling within the construction industry. The qualification covers a range of hand-skills and practical tasks regarding cutting and fixing wall and floor tiles.
You will learn in the classroom and in the workshop, using suitable tools and materials. Each unit is assessed via practical assignments and theory exams
What you will study
You will study a number of units including:
- Introduction to health and safety in construction
- Introduction to the construction industry
- Mix materials
- Setting out
- Preparing backgrounds
- Wall and Floor tiling
Course fee per year
Registration Fee Payable on Enrolment: £30.00
Applicants would benefit from achieving 3 GCSEs Grades D-F. Alternatively, applicants will be considered based on interview and a satisfactory skills scan, with a desire and commitment to complete the course they would wish to study.
- The College welcomes contact with parents/guardians of students who are under 18
- Additional support is available for students with learning difficulties and disabilities
- Cardiff and Vale College is committed to inclusion and values diversity. We are determined to promote equality of opportunity and to treat everyone fairly and with respect
- Cardiff and Vale College reserves the right to make changes to this course without prior notice
- All courses are accurate at the time of upload or print
- Courses can only run if there are sufficient numbers
- Please note, if you choose three or more course choices, then you may be referred for a careers appointment first. This does not apply to A Level or GCSE choices.
Time of day
I got myself on an apprenticeship with a domestic tiler and have expanded my knowledge from there. School wasn’t for me as I preferred a more hands on approach to learning. Being able to practice my trade in college, and developing my skills means when I go into work for my apprenticeship I can test what I have learned in a real life setting. Being at college I have found a lot more relaxed than school, so anyone who is thinking of coming to the College I’d say that the staff are great and easy to get along with, and come and see if it’s for you.
Need to know