About this course
Our BACP Accredited Diploma in Humanistic Existential Counselling course will appeal to applicants looking for a dynamic, challenging learning experience that will prepare them to work with a range of clients. Based at our Barry campus on Colcot Road, this programme is delivered by a team of experienced, committed counselling tutors who will support you throughout the 2 year programme. Adopting a more philosophical approach to counselling, this Diploma will facilitate students on personal development, as they engage with the theory and counselling practice.
Students are expected to commit themselves to a learning programme that is demanding in terms of time, finances and personal development. They will be required to undertake a minimum of 100 supervised client hours in an approved counselling agency, as well as 10 hours of personal therapy.
The qualification is validated by the Counselling and Psychotherapy Central Awarding Body (CPCAB). www.cpcab.co.uk
What you will study
Students will undertake the following units during the two years:
- Unit 1 - Work ethically and safely as a counsellor
- Unit 2 - Work within a counselling relationship
- Unit 3 - Work with client diversity
- Unit 4 - Work with a user centred agency approach
- Unit 5 - Work with self awareness in the counselling process
- Unit 6 - Work within a framework of counselling theory and skills
- Unit 7 - Work self-reflectively as an agency counsellor
This is a part time course, delivered over two years and requires learners to attend college on Tuesday evenings 5.00pm - 9.00pm, as well as eleven day schools per year which are held on Fridays and Saturdays between 9.30am - 4.30pm.
In addition to the time spent in the classroom, applicants must also be prepared to dedicate time to independent study, work experience, clinical supervision and personal therapy.
Course fee per year
Exam Fee: £249.00
Course Fee: £1,246.00
Standard entry requirements for this course include: Achievement of 180 Guided Learning Hours made up of CPCAB training at Levels 2 and 3 in Counselling or equivalent plus a satisfactory interview.
17:00 - 21:00 Tuesday
Teaching and assessment
- Continuous assessments including exam
- The College welcomes contact with parents/guardians of students who are under 18
- Additional support is available for students with learning difficulties and disabilities
- Cardiff and Vale College is committed to inclusion and values diversity. We are determined to promote equality of opportunity and to treat everyone fairly and with respect
- Cardiff and Vale College reserves the right to make changes to this course without prior notice
- All courses are accurate at the time of upload or print
- Courses can only run if there are sufficient numbers
- Please note, if you choose three or more course choices, then you may be referred for a careers appointment first. This does not apply to A Level or GCSE choices.
Time of day
Need to know