About this course
Passionate about a career in the construction industry? Our Painting and Decorating Level 1 course is a great place to start! Studying at our dedicated construction centres and facilities, this programme will promote a safe environment, whilst you learn and develop a range of vocational skills to Diploma Level 1 standard. Throughout the course, you will gain a knowledge and understanding of the trade, which will provide you with the necessary skills required to continue onto the progression routes at trade specific levels.
What you will study
Key components of the course include:
- Health and Safety
- Prepare Surfaces for Decoration
- Apply Paint Systems by Brush and Roller
- Apply Foundation and Plain Papers
You will learn the practical skills, theoretical knowledge and understanding of this trade, which will enable you to continue onto the progression routes at trade specific levels.
Course fee per year
Registration Fee Payable on Enrolment: £30.00
- Students must be at least 16 years old
- New students will have an interview/placement test before starting their course to ensure that they are placed at the correct level
Teaching and assessment
- Continuous assignments and end of year assessment including practical skills tests and online exams
- The College welcomes contact with parents/guardians of students who are under 18
- Additional support is available for students with learning difficulties and disabilities
- Cardiff and Vale College is committed to inclusion and values diversity. We are determined to promote equality of opportunity and to treat everyone fairly and with respect
- Cardiff and Vale College reserves the right to make changes to this course without prior notice
- All courses are accurate at the time of upload or print
- Courses can only run if there are sufficient numbers
- Please note, if you choose three or more course choices, then you may be referred for a careers appointment first. This does not apply to A Level or GCSE choices.
I have enjoyed being around the City Centre Campus, it's a nice surrounding and everyone gets along. The highlight of my time at college has been the new friends I have made and the different atmosphere from school. You can gain new skills and do things you'd never thought you could do before.
Need to know