About this course
This Engineering EAL Diploma will suit anyone who is looking for a career in Engineering or a related area. It allows you to learn the basics and try your hand at different trades and careers, to help you find out what you enjoy and what suits you most. You gain the opportunity to experience mechanical, electrical, electronic engineering, and general engineering. On this course there are range of practical and theory sessions. You will gain a range of industry qualifications.
What you will study
On the course you will study a wide range of practical and theory sessions including:
- Electronic practical / theory
- Electrical practical / theory
- Science (Physics)
- Essential skills
Course fee per year
Registration Fee Payable on Enrolment: £30.00
4 GCSEs Grade A* - D to include Maths A* - C (or equivalent). A suitable Level 1 Engineering qualification with Grade A*-C in Maths.
Teaching and assessment
- Practical assessments and continuous assessment
- The College welcomes contact with parents/guardians of students who are under 18
- Additional support is available for students with learning difficulties and disabilities
- Cardiff and Vale College is committed to inclusion and values diversity. We are determined to promote equality of opportunity and to treat everyone fairly and with respect
- Cardiff and Vale College reserves the right to make changes to this course without prior notice
- All courses are accurate at the time of upload or print
- Courses can only run if there are sufficient numbers
- Please note, if you choose three or more course choices, then you may be referred for a careers appointment first. This does not apply to A Level or GCSE choices.
Throughout my time at CAVC I used a range of equipment, including; soldering irons, oscilloscopes and power supplies. I believe combining the academic and practical skills that I have gained at college will fuse my product design and electronic skills together ahead of university.
Need to know