About this course
The Surveying pathway of the HNC in Construction and the Built Environment will give you a high-level understanding of the design, function, construction and statutory requirements for buildings of all classes.
The Higher National Certificate is highly regarded by employers due to the hands-on experience gained in the various tasks and requirements construction professionals face.
Students will develop knowledge of building maintenance, quality assurance, construction management, construction techniques, building materials, building inspection and contract procedures.
This FREE course is only available to adults that are eligible for a Personal Learning Account (PLA). Personal Learning Accounts, funded by the Welsh Government, are available to employed adults living in Wales that wish to develop skills to progress or change career.
Find out if you're eligible today.
What you will study
You will study the following modules on this course:
- Unit 1 Individual Project (set by awarding organisation)
- Unit 2 Construction Technology
- Unit 3 Science and Materials
- Unit 4 Construction Practice and Management
- Unit 5 Legal & Statutory Responsibilities in Construction
- Unit 7 Surveying, Measuring & Setting-out
- Unit 11 Measuring & Estimating
- Unit 12 Financial Management & Business Practices in Construction.
The programme will be taught using a combination of lectures, guest speakers and tutorials. The programme will be assessed using a combination of assignments, practical assessment and examinations.
On completion of the HNC in Surveying programme, learners can progress onto a full time or part time HND level 5 Surveying course.
Course fee per year
Tuition Fees: £1,920.00
48 UCAS Tariff Points from the routes listed below:
- BTEC Level 3 qualification in Construction and the Built Environment (or a related subject)
- GCE Advanced Level profile that demonstrates strong performance in a relevant subject or adequate performance in more than one GCE subject; this profile is likely to be supported by GCSE grades A* to C and/or 9 to 4 (or equivalent) in subjects such as maths and English
- Other related Level 3 qualifications
- Access to Higher Education Diploma awarded by an approved further education institution
International equivalent of the above. Mature applicants (aged 21+): If you do not hold the qualifications listed but have relevant work experience, you are welcome to apply. Your application will be considered on an individual basis.
- The College welcomes contact with parents/guardians of students who are under 18
- Additional support is available for students with learning difficulties and disabilities
- Cardiff and Vale College is committed to inclusion and values diversity. We are determined to promote equality of opportunity and to treat everyone fairly and with respect
- Cardiff and Vale College reserves the right to make changes to this course without prior notice
- All courses are accurate at the time of upload or print
- Courses can only run if there are sufficient numbers
- Please note, if you choose three or more course choices, then you may be referred for a careers appointment first. This does not apply to A Level or GCSE choices.
Time of day
Need to know