About this course
This Level 6 NVQ qualification is for Construction Site Managers to demonstrate their skills in forecasting, planning, organising, monitoring and running a construction site on a day to day basis. Skills are demonstrated through the submission of work related evidence.
This FREE course is only available to adults that are eligible for a Personal Learning Account (PLA). Personal Learning Accounts, funded by the Welsh Government, are available to employed adults living in Wales that wish to develop skills to progress or change career.
Find out if you're eligible today.
What you will study
There are 18 modules of study on this course. Modules will include;
- Allocating work and checking people’s performance in the workplace
- Organising, controlling and monitoring supplies of materials in the workplace
- Monitoring construction related project activities in the workplace
This is a work based qualification where learners will demonstrate their competence through submitting evidence of work they have produced in the workplace environment. This evidence will then be assessed by a designated assessor to confirm competency against the criteria set by the awarding organisation.
On completion of the course students can apply for their CSCS Black card to enhance their employment aspects.
Course fee per year
Registration Fee Payable on Enrolment: £0.00
Course Fee: £0.00
A minimum Level 4 or above in Construction & Built Environment or relevant qualification; Actively employed on construction site in a management role; Interview. Students require a personal laptop or device for the use of e-portfolios
- The College welcomes contact with parents/guardians of students who are under 18
- Additional support is available for students with learning difficulties and disabilities
- Cardiff and Vale College is committed to inclusion and values diversity. We are determined to promote equality of opportunity and to treat everyone fairly and with respect
- Cardiff and Vale College reserves the right to make changes to this course without prior notice
- All courses are accurate at the time of upload or print
- Courses can only run if there are sufficient numbers
- Please note, if you choose three or more course choices, then you may be referred for a careers appointment first. This does not apply to A Level or GCSE choices.
Time of day
Need to know