About this course
Looking to pursue a career in the construction industry? You've come to the right place! Our Construction and the Built Environment is an ideal course for those students keen to pursue a career as an Architect, Building Surveyor, Construction Manager, Civil Engineer, Quantity Surveyor or follow any other professional career pathway in the sector. The construction industry covers a wide range of employment opportunities, and this programme will allow you to gain the fundamental knowledge required for entry into the sector. You will also obtain a recognised qualification, which will act as a springboard into higher education.
What you will study
There are 4 modules of study on this course:
- Unit 1 Construction Principles
- Unit 2 Construction Design
- Unit 4 Construction Technology
- Unit 5 Health and Safety
The programme will be taught using a combination of one-line and face to face lectures, guest speakers and tutorials. The programme will be assessed using a combination of assignments, practical assessment and examinations.
On completion of the Level 3 National Extended Certificate in Construction and the Built Environment, learners can progress onto one of our HNC L4 Construction and built environment pathways.
Course fee per year
Course Fee: £0.00
4 GCSE's Grades A* - C. Students are required to purchase their own safety boots.
- The College welcomes contact with parents/guardians of students who are under 18
- Additional support is available for students with learning difficulties and disabilities
- Cardiff and Vale College is committed to inclusion and values diversity. We are determined to promote equality of opportunity and to treat everyone fairly and with respect
- Cardiff and Vale College reserves the right to make changes to this course without prior notice
- All courses are accurate at the time of upload or print
- Courses can only run if there are sufficient numbers
- Please note, if you choose three or more course choices, then you may be referred for a careers appointment first. This does not apply to A Level or GCSE choices.
Time of day
Need to know