About this course
This course is designed to provide an introduction to Construction Higher Education and to our HNC Construction pathways. At Cardiff and Vale College the HNC Construction and Built Environment course will help you gain a sound understanding of the technical, legal and scientific principles of construction. Seminars and lectures are backed up by construction site visits which will bring your studies to life. You’ll also be supported by expert staff who have professional experience of working on large housing, commercial, and infrastructure developments, as well as having excellent working knowledge of the construction industry.
At Cardiff and Vale College we have close links with industry which will provide you with valuable connections, giving you the chance to gain recognition and make contacts to help further your future career.
This FREE course is only available to adults that are eligible for a Personal Learning Account (PLA). Personal Learning Accounts, funded by the Welsh Government, are available to employed adults living in Wales that wish to develop skills to progress or change career.
Find out if you're eligible today.
What you will study
You will study 2 modules of our current HNC Construction programme, these are the following taught modules on this course:
- Unit 3 Science and Materials
- Unit 4 Construction Practice and Management
The programme will be taught using a combination of one-line and face to face lectures, guest speakers and tutorials. The programme will be assessed using a combination of assignments, practical assessment and examinations.
On Completion of the introduction to HNC L4 Construction programme, learners can progress onto a Full time or Part time HNC L4 Construction and Built Environment course on the following pathways:
- Civil Engineering
- Building Services
Course fee per year
Course Fee: £0.00
Employed in the industry within a relevant role and hold five GCSE’s at grade C or above, to include Maths, Science and English, BTEC Level 3 Diploma (PPP) or equivalent qualifications in a relevant subject. Mature learners with a suitable academic background may be accepted at the discretion of the Course Tutor.
- The College welcomes contact with parents/guardians of students who are under 18
- Additional support is available for students with learning difficulties and disabilities
- Cardiff and Vale College is committed to inclusion and values diversity. We are determined to promote equality of opportunity and to treat everyone fairly and with respect
- Cardiff and Vale College reserves the right to make changes to this course without prior notice
- All courses are accurate at the time of upload or print
- Courses can only run if there are sufficient numbers
- Please note, if you choose three or more course choices, then you may be referred for a careers appointment first. This does not apply to A Level or GCSE choices.
Time of day
Need to know