About this course
The course is designed for students who have a basic understanding of the CAD system and would like to both enhance their skills and gain a recognised qualification.
What you will study
During the course you will cover the following units:
- Recognise and use CAD task bars to complete computer aided drawings
- Initialise a CAD system
- Produce Drawings on a CAD system
- Store and Retrieve Drawings on a CAD system
Teaching and assessment
Practical Assignment Work and Online Exams.
Course fee per year
Course Fee: £100.00
Applicants will need to have a genuine interest in producing computer aided drawings, a basic knowledge of CAD systems and interest in engineering/construction drawings based around design.
- The College welcomes contact with parents/guardians of students who are under 18
- Additional support is available for students with learning difficulties and disabilities
- Cardiff and Vale College is committed to inclusion and values diversity. We are determined to promote equality of opportunity and to treat everyone fairly and with respect
- Cardiff and Vale College reserves the right to make changes to this course without prior notice
- All courses are accurate at the time of upload or print
- Courses can only run if there are sufficient numbers
- Please note, if you choose three or more course choices, then you may be referred for a careers appointment first. This does not apply to A Level or GCSE choices.
Time of day
Throughout my time at CAVC I used a range of equipment, including; soldering irons, oscilloscopes and power supplies. I believe combining the academic and practical skills that I have gained at college will fuse my product design and electronic skills together ahead of university.
Need to know