About this course
An interest in photography a basic understanding of photography fundamentals and camera controls and/or Preferably completion of Introduction to Digital Photography at Level 1.
What you will study
The modules you will cover, will include:
- Understanding and working with a synchronised photography storage and editing suite of applications.
- Adding and managing photos across devices.
- Editing and manipulating photographs. Including: Cropping, straightening, improving lighting and colour, removing unwanted content and creative effects.
- Organising photographs.
- Storing photographs.
- Sharing photographs
- Editing and manipulation software workflow.
The assessment will be an Internal assessment (100% e-portfolio). The course will be delivered via a blended learning approach.
On the course you will use:
- Adobe Creative Cloud
Guest speakers will also be invited in to speak to learners.
Course fee per year
Part-time enrolment fee: £35.00
- The College welcomes contact with parents/guardians of students who are under 18.
- Additional support is available for students with learning difficulties and disabilities.
- Cardiff and Vale College is committed to inclusion and values diversity. We are determined to promote equality of opportunity and to treat everyone fairly and with respect.
- Cardiff and Vale College reserves the right to make changes to this course without prior notice.
- Course fees are subject to change. Your fee will be confirmed prior to enrolment.
- All courses are accurate at the time of upload or print.
- Courses can only run if there are sufficient numbers.
- Please note, if you choose three or more course choices, then you may be referred for a careers appointment first. This does not apply to A Level or GCSE choices.
Time of day
Career prospects & further study
After this course you can progress on to a variety of photography courses.
Need to know