About this course
This ACS Gas Initial Assessment is aimed at those who already hold trade associated qualifications and who wish to have accreditation in Natural Gas Safety.
Delegates will be required to provide evidence of gas installation and maintenance work carried out under the supervision of a ‘Gas Safe’ qualified engineer.
Delegates must hold a relevant NVQ in Heating & Ventilation, Plumbing or Gas, and be able to demonstrate extensive gas experience.
What you will study
Assessments consist of a combination of theory and practical work in the following areas:
- Gas Legislation
- Actions and procedures
- Meter regulations
- Unsafe situations and emergency isolation
- Appliance burner pressure and gas rates
- Flue testing
On successful completion, BPEC Certification Ltd will upload the assessment results to the Gas Safe Register
- The College welcomes contact with parents/guardians of students who are under 18
- Additional support is available for students with learning difficulties and disabilities
- Cardiff and Vale College is committed to inclusion and values diversity. We are determined to promote equality of opportunity and to treat everyone fairly and with respect
- Cardiff and Vale College reserves the right to make changes to this course without prior notice
- All courses are accurate at the time of upload or print
- Courses can only run if there are sufficient numbers
- Please note, if you choose three or more course choices, then you may be referred for a careers appointment first. This does not apply to A Level or GCSE choices.
Time of day
Need to know