About this course
This course will give you the basic introduction into Healthy Eating, you will be able to know the effects of food on the body and also know the different food groups and their contribution to a healthy, balanced diet.
What you will study
The learner will be able to:
- State what the body uses food for.
- State the benefits of a healthy diet.
- State why different groups of people require different diets.
- Know the different food groups and their contribution to a healthy, balanced diet.
- List the major food groups.
- Describe a healthy, balanced diet.
- Check food labels for nutritional information.
Describe the importance of regular fluid/water intake in relation to a balanced diet.
Course fee per year
Part Course Fees: £30.00
Teaching and assessment
- Practical Observation.
- The College welcomes contact with parents/guardians of students who are under 18
- Additional support is available for students with learning difficulties and disabilities
- Cardiff and Vale College is committed to inclusion and values diversity. We are determined to promote equality of opportunity and to treat everyone fairly and with respect
- Cardiff and Vale College reserves the right to make changes to this course without prior notice
- All courses are accurate at the time of upload or print
- Courses can only run if there are sufficient numbers
- Please note, if you choose three or more course choices, then you may be referred for a careers appointment first. This does not apply to A Level or GCSE choices.
Time of day
Need to know