About this course
Looking to pursue a career in the construction industry? You've come to the right place! Our Construction and the Built Environment is an ideal course for those students keen to pursue a career as an Architect, Building Surveyor, Construction Manager, Civil Engineer, Quantity Surveyor or follow any other professional career pathway in the sector. The construction industry covers a wide range of employment opportunities, and this programme will allow you to gain the fundamental knowledge required for entry into the sector. You will also obtain a recognised qualification, which will act as a springboard into higher education.
This FREE course is only available to adults that are eligible for a Personal Learning Account (PLA). Personal Learning Accounts, funded by the Welsh Government, are available to employed adults living in Wales that wish to develop skills to progress or change career.
Find out if you're eligible today.
What you will study
There are 10 modules of study on this course:
- Unit 1 Construction Principles
- Unit 2 Construction Design
- Unit 4 Construction Technology
- Unit 5 Health and Safety
- Unit 6 Surveying in Construction
- Unit 7 Graphical Detailing in Construction
- Unit 11 Site Engineering for Construction
- Unit 15 Further Maths for Construction
- Unit 13 Measurement Techniques in Construction
- Unit 23 Construction in Civil Engineering
The programme will be taught using a combination of one-line and face to face lectures, guest speakers and tutorials. The programme will be assessed using a combination of assignments, practical assessment and examinations.
On completion of the Level 3 National Diploma in Civil Engineering learners can progress onto our HNC L4 Construction and built environment or Civil Engineering pathway.
Course fee per year
Tuition Fees: £0.00
4 GCSE's Grades A* - C. Students are required to purchase their own safety boots.
- The College welcomes contact with parents/guardians of students who are under 18
- Additional support is available for students with learning difficulties and disabilities
- Cardiff and Vale College is committed to inclusion and values diversity. We are determined to promote equality of opportunity and to treat everyone fairly and with respect
- Cardiff and Vale College reserves the right to make changes to this course without prior notice
- All courses are accurate at the time of upload or print
- Courses can only run if there are sufficient numbers
- Please note, if you choose three or more course choices, then you may be referred for a careers appointment first. This does not apply to A Level or GCSE choices.
Time of day
Need to know