About this course
This qualification is internationally recognised and provides access to applicants wishing to achieve the CSCS Black card. It is aimed at both experienced and aspiring site managers/supervisors and provides the underpinning knowledge and skills required to effectively and safely manage a construction project from planning to completion.
There is funding available through Upskilling@Work subject to eligibility.
On completion, learners will be eligible for Academically Qualified Person (AQP) CSCS Card.
What you will study
Modules may include:
- Project planning
- Organising and resourcing projects
- Estimating and measuring work
- Managing sub-contractors
- Project monitoring and control
- Health & Safety
Course fee per year
Course Fee: £1,800.00
A minimum of a relevant Level 3 qualification or sufficient industry experience; interview and assessment
Teaching and assessment
- Practical assessment and written assignments and exams
- The College welcomes contact with parents/guardians of students who are under 18
- Additional support is available for students with learning difficulties and disabilities
- Cardiff and Vale College is committed to inclusion and values diversity. We are determined to promote equality of opportunity and to treat everyone fairly and with respect
- Cardiff and Vale College reserves the right to make changes to this course without prior notice
- All courses are accurate at the time of upload or print
- Courses can only run if there are sufficient numbers
- Please note, if you choose three or more course choices, then you may be referred for a careers appointment first. This does not apply to A Level or GCSE choices.
Time of day
I have enjoyed being around the City Centre Campus, it's a nice surrounding and everyone gets along. The highlight of my time at college has been the new friends I have made and the different atmosphere from school. You can gain new skills and do things you'd never thought you could do before.
Need to know