About this course
This Level 2 Certificate in Counselling Skills (CPCAB) course will suit anyone interested in developing their listening skills or beginning counselling training. Based at our Barry campus on Colcot Road, this programme is interactive, as well as experiential, and students will be expected to write a reflective weekly journal to track their personal development, skills and understanding of helping at Level 2.
What you will study
On this course you will study:
- Counselling/listening skills
- Self Awareness
- Ethical Practice
- Reflective Practice
- Working with Difference and Diversity
A variety of teaching methods will be used, including role play. Assessment will be in the form of weekly reflective journals, 3 assignments and an external exam.
Course fee per year
Exam Fee: £150.00
Course Fee: £550.00
No formal requirements, but an ability to write a 600 word reflective journal and complete written assignments is essential. Applicants must be 18 or over.
18:00 - 21:00 Thursday
Teaching and assessment
- Regular assignments and three assessments and exam
- The College welcomes contact with parents/guardians of students who are under 18
- Additional support is available for students with learning difficulties and disabilities
- Cardiff and Vale College is committed to inclusion and values diversity. We are determined to promote equality of opportunity and to treat everyone fairly and with respect
- Cardiff and Vale College reserves the right to make changes to this course without prior notice
- All courses are accurate at the time of upload or print
- Courses can only run if there are sufficient numbers
- Please note, if you choose three or more course choices, then you may be referred for a careers appointment first. This does not apply to A Level or GCSE choices.
Need to know