About this course
Our Level 2 Certificate in Cabin Crew is the perfect course for those individuals keen to pursue a career in the airline industry. Based at our International Centre for Aerospace Training, this introduction course will develop the personal and interpersonal skills required to be a member of an air cabin crew or airport personnel as airport check-in staff. The programme covers the theoretical aspect of the industry, together with an emphasis on practical study to include role-play, simulations and observations. Students will be encouraged to develop research and study skills in preparation for cabin crew employment training. Guest speakers direct from the industry will carry out a number of seminars throughout the course, and some classes will be taught on our Boeing 737-200 Aircraft, providing students with a real working environment. Most learners will gain employment upon completion of the course.
What you will study
Units of study include:
- 2 Air Cabin Crew specific units
- Airline Emergency Procedures and the role of Cabin Crew onboard
This course requires 5 hours of study per week (evening) 4pm - 9pm over 10 weeks.
The programme starts in both September and January (2 intakes) to allow learners to complete their course before the major recruitment drives (most roles start at the end of March).
Course fee per year
Course Fee: £475.00
Successful interview and satisfactory reference. Age restrictions apply.
Teaching and assessment
- The College welcomes contact with parents/guardians of students who are under 18
- Additional support is available for students with learning difficulties and disabilities
- Cardiff and Vale College is committed to inclusion and values diversity. We are determined to promote equality of opportunity and to treat everyone fairly and with respect
- Cardiff and Vale College reserves the right to make changes to this course without prior notice
- All courses are accurate at the time of upload or print
- Courses can only run if there are sufficient numbers
- Please note, if you choose three or more course choices, then you may be referred for a careers appointment first. This does not apply to A Level or GCSE choices.
Time of day
I got work experience through the college last year to work in the Holiday Inn Hotel. This made me think of all the different areas which come under travel and tourism and how in the future I would like to work on the check in desk.
Need to know